Subject: [Leica] Buying a Leica lens?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 23:42:33 -0400

Most  of the glass I got I knew there was a precedent for people using them.
Pro photographers some I knew. And that I was looking at pix taken with this
glass, Nikon, Leica or Hasselblad Zeiss every day. So there was little
likelihood of picking out a lemon. These three companies don't screw up very
often.
So I walked into camera stores said "give me your 50" and walked out.
But by the time I got into Leica I was reading Erwin's reviews on them and
there was the internet. So I had a better handle on just what I was getting;
ford that to me an amazing amount of money.

I got a 35m 2.8 Nikkor if I was smarter I'd have gotten the f2. It was the
lens everyone knew was for pro use. The 2.8 was hard to focus and not all
that sharp. But I still have it somewhere.

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/