Subject: [Leica] Waiting but not long
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 01 Apr 2012 13:55:39 -0400

If I was asked I'd suggest someone who had access to 6 grand and a huge
interest in doing photography  with an appreciation towards working with a
rangefinder system rather than a reflex system to wait.
The M9 is a great camera. A solid one. But its a first out full frame
digital camera from Leica. Certainly they got some of the beginning bugs out
with their development of the M8. But the M9 has a bit of a fledgling issue
to it yet. Its totally understandable. Its a very new thing for Leica a
company making since 1925 camera whose insides looked like clocks not
radios.
I predict the M9.1 will come out real soon and it will be mainly a sensor
upgrade and it will be significant. People will not be doing their night
shots with a Canon any more.

When that happens I'll be real pissed off I don't really have access to six
grand. As I do have the Leica glass to put it front of it . So I'll have to
figure something out.
I do know one thing for sure.
Should I unload my Leica M glass this week then firs thing next week,
Monday, Fuji or Cosina or somebody will make the announcement of a full
frame Leica M mount compatible rangefinder camera costing two or three
grand. Consumer priced in other worlds. And within my grasp.

So its like an umbrella. If you want it to rain you leave it at home.
Or a camera. If you want rainbows and spaceships leave it at home.
I keep mine with me to make sure nothing to usually happens. And its a DSLR.
And its not light nor small.

- - from my iRabs.
Mark Rabiner
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/springdays/