Subject: [Leica] IMG: New casual portrait
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2012 21:42:36 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 1 Apr 2012 Geoff Hopkinson <hopsternew at gmail.com>wrote:

>Last week I took part in a new workshop with local fashion pro Peter
>Coulson
>Here is a new photo of Natascha Verkaik who is a successful and busy model
>here, not to mention a lovely woman.
>http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman/image/142411362
It's very nice lighting, but I think you should have moved slightly to the
left before taking the picture.  Then her whole profile would show up
against the dark area, and the line wouldn't be coming out her nose, which
now blends with the background.  It's macro composition concerns like this
that can make a big difference in the success of a picture.  One of the
things I try to avoid in my pictures is a tonal merger.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University Relations
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee