Subject: [Leica] 50mm ZM C-Sonnar
From: wanderjan at gmail.com (Jan Decher)
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 16:21:00 -0400

Phil,
I fully second what you wrote.  It is amazing to what length some people on
this list go to make folks who don't buy into the overpriced Leica hype and
opt to use Zeiss ZM or Cosina lenses or a Zeiss ZM or Cosina Voigtlander
body instead feel inferior.
I use the Biogon 2.8/35 and 4.5/21mm  and am very happy with the build
quality and amazed by the optical quality.  C-Sonnar 1.5/50 and Tele-Tessar
4/85 are on my short list.
Note to Chris:  the C-Sonnar is widely available at well-known US
retailers, except for a temporary bottleneck in delivery due to the Tsunami
in Japan last year.
Jan