Subject: [Leica] 60 Macro on Fuji X pro 1
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 15:11:40 +0800

"Shot in jpeg since the RAW development program provided is not set up to
work with OSX 10.7" - what makes you say this, as Silkypix is running fine
on my computer with Lion installed. It appears to make a fine job of the
.raf raws, but the jpegs straight from the camera through Lightroom 4 are so
good I have not had cause to use it 'in anger' yet.

Happy X-Pro1-ing!

Gerry

Hi Gerry,
Thanks for looking and commenting.
I have SilkyPix version 3.2.2.0 installed and it doesn't read the RAW file.
Don't know why???
That was the version that came with my now cold and unused X100.
The instructions that came with the X Pro said the included RAW reader was
only good up to 10.6 - at least that was the way I read it - so I didn't
bother to install it.
Thanks, to your input, I'll pull out the disk and install it into 10.7 and
hopefully it will work.  I agree that the jpegs are so good that maybe for
most subjects RAW may be over kill. I am hoping that Leica's May 10
announcement includes co-operation with Fuji - which is a company that is
getting its Mojo back big time.
Cheers
Howard

Replies: Reply from gwpics at me.com (Gerry Walden) ([Leica] 60 Macro on Fuji X pro 1 - Howard)