Subject: [Leica] SWMBO 1949-2012
From: scleroplex at gmail.com (scleroplex)
Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 21:45:39 -0400

very very sorry to read this uncle ted.
my heartfelt condolences.
:-(
bharani

Date: Sun, 25 Mar 2012 17:33:23 -0700
From: <tedgrant at shaw.ca>
To: "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>

SWMBO 1949-2012

My 21st birthday 1950 and standing before me was my beautiful blonde blue
eyed wife of seven months. A big smile on her face and two boxes in her
hands.

"Happy Birthday Dear" she offered as she handed me the boxes.

I carefully opened the first, a box about the size of a two layer cake and
surprise of surprises a camera! Something I had wanted since I was a little
kid. An ARGUS A2 35mm black beauty, so I thought. Still have it to this day!
Opened the smaller and it was a roll of KODAK Super XX 36 exposure film.

May 27 1950 and a new world began beyond my wildest dreams. A life career
beyond ones imagination. Thousands upon thousands of miles about our planet
and adventures to dream of in far off locations with cameras about my neck
and shoulders.

SWMBO, a photo editor who never allowed nor accepted an excuse for sloppy
camera handling nor missing the right moment. Who bluntly told me.. "The
great baseball player Yogi Berra said. "YOU CAN'T THINK AND BAT!   And
neither can you think and shoot!"

She gave such incredible encouragement and praise when "You did good!" Then
smiled and gave me a kiss. And for our 62 years that was the photo life of
this family. Praise when you deserved it and a tongue lashing when you
screwed-up!

Unfortunately as of today my beautiful blonde, blue eyed SWMBO photo editor
is no longer here to cheer me on nor berate as the case maybe.

Photography will never be the same.

Good night.