Subject: [Leica] Fuji X-Pro1 - Jim
From: scleroplex at gmail.com (scleroplex)
Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2012 17:05:08 -0400

exactly!!

everyone is talking about the rise in healthcare costs.
no one is comparing the rate of rise of higher education costs.
it is 6 times that of health care!

all the universities are raking it in and putting up flashy buildings with
gay abandon.
and no one is even looking at abuse of HEFA loans, which is as big a
scandal as mortgage loans if not bigger.

university boards are packed with real estate developers who get HEFA loans
from the government and spend the money on construction projects.

a good percentage of the loans are also invested in the capital markets by
university endowment funds and multiplied.
essentially rolling cheap tax money.
when there is a profit, the university keeps it.
when there is a loss, it is a public write-off.

nowadays whenever i see students and their parents touring the universities
here in boston,
i only think, here are the next lot of mugs!
these are the people who are deliberately left in huge debt,
which they then concentrate on paying off the next 30 years,
with no time for the policing of democracy at the local or national level.

bharani

Message: 16