Subject: [Leica] Kathy's Dogwood
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2012 08:07:13 -0500

On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 11:51 PM, Marty Deveney <benedenia at gmail.com>
wrote:

> It's really lovely Sonny.
>
> In all our discussing of the 75 Summilux it should be pointed out that
> the 75 Summarit draws very similarly to the 75 Summilux at similar
> apertures, is much lighter and cheaper, uses smaller filters and the
> focus doesn't shift outside the depth of field.  The only potential
> downsides are that you lose the low light capability and 20cm of focus
> (Summarit close focus 0.9m, Summilux close focus 0.75m).
>
> They seem mostly overlooked, possibly because they are not as
> glamorous as faster lenses, but I think the Summarits are really under
> rated.

Thanks Marty,

I really under-use the lens, but I do like it more than my 90's .  It is
really light and relatively small, so I often tuck it into a pocket when I
go shooting.
I'm mostly a 35 guy, but when I need extra reach, I reach for the Summarit.

I, for one,  do not think bokeh is out of style.
;-)

--
Regards,

Sonny