Subject: [Leica] Domke vs Lowepro
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2012 07:13:59 -0700

Domke, Billingham, Fogg, others, are made from Canvas.  I am sold on Domke
products, if I wanted canvas.....  This time I did not.  I wanted something
that was weather proof.

AFAIK, all are not weatherproof.  I never did believe Jim Domke when he told
me that canvas, when it gets wet, swells up and prevents rain from getting
in......( Why I always carried a plastic trash bag, just in case.....)

To be fair, Domke has a nice set of Synthetic bags that look quite useful.
They are, however, substantially more money than the Lowepros.

ThinkTank makes a nice bag, but the configurations did not suit me...
Function first....

BTW, I will not purchase a bag unless I get to handle it in person.  See how
the bag works, try the fit on my body, and otherwise try my equipment in it.
Is there any other way?  The Billinghams and Foggs are not easily available,
locally.  Tenbas, Tamracs, Lowepros, even Thinktanks are.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

Message from mark at whitedogs.co.uk (Mark Pope) ([Leica] Domke vs Lowepro)
Message from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Domke vs Lowepro)