Subject: [Leica] Shifting to Lightroom 4
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 16:08:55 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Helpful!  Thanks!

Montie

>Just a note for those who are making the shift to Lightroom 4 and may end
>up
wondering what the fuss is all about in the Develop Module.

The new develop module uses the same code base/sensibilities as the new
Adobe Camera Raw 6. When you open up your existing catalog it will be using
the previous version - what Adobe calls "Process Version 2010". That's a
good thing because subtle (or not so subtle) changes in your image can be
made by shifting to the new version.

>>If you open an image in the Develop Module you'll see in the lower
right-hand corner of the background pane that holds the image a little
square with an "!" in it. If you click on that you'll get the option to
shift to the new Process Version and the new controls will be displayed.
You'll be able to change just the single image or your entire current
film-strip.

I just wanted to point this out because otherwise when you upgrade you might
be wondering about what the big deal is.

Personally I think it's a huge deal - even better than the soft proofing or
the books.

ACR in Photoshop 6 uses the same controls now.

Adam