Subject: [Leica] Film development ?
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2012 12:57:49 +1000

 The discussion on spots and scratches reminded me of the adventures of
developing my own BW film. I retired from this just about exactly when I
got my M8 ;-)
I resolved to use up the film in my freezer, starting with the BW stuff (I
have a young fortune in Fuji Pro slide film after that).
Carefully wash out utensils and containers.
Observe that old chemicals stained stainless sink and probably set off
alarms at the sewage treatment plant

- Parts A & B of XTOL to be mixed in five litres of distilled water. Stir
each step approximately 5000 times to dissolve residue with dedicated
paddle which has spirit thermometer built in. -
I observe that all of the black markings from the thermometer fell off into
the mix creating dozens of fine black floaties-
I may pour the mix through a stack of Adobe DVDs.

Cheers,
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

Message from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] Film development ?)