Subject: [Leica] Film development ?
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 22:41:27 -0600 (CST)

On Sun, 12 Feb 2012 Charcot <charcot at comcast.net>wrote:

>I've been developing film since I was 13 but now at age 57 I keep on having
>water stains on my negs - circular or semi-circular - a pain in >the ass to
>get rid of in photoshop - I use tap water wash with a little bit of
>photoflow for about 30 sec before I hang them up

>- Should I use distilled water wash at the end?

>- more photoflow

>thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

>ernie nitka
===================================================================================================
I would suggest this (for 35mm):  use distilled water for the Photoflow, and
wipe the film with a moist piece of one of those Sham-Wow type cloths.  I
cut a piece about 4"  square that I soak in the Photoflow and then squeeze
out.  I fold it over and use the edge to absorb the Photoflow on the base
side first, then the emulsion side.  You have to pull it slowly and without
too much pressure, but it leaves no drops to form marks.  I used to use a
Kodak Photo chamois until they stopped selling them.  There is too much drag
on 120 film, so there I just shake off the Photoflow as much as possible
before hanging up.  After the film is hanging I rinse the cloth in water
before draping it over a film tank until the next session.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
amr3 at uwm.edu