Subject: [Leica] D800/E
From: benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney)
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2012 10:12:22 +1030

On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 9:55 AM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com>
wrote:
> I wonder if someone is going to actually show us (a URL) an example of
> moir?
> taken with a camera which has an Anti-Aliasing filter. (AA)
> I've never seen it.
> And I have a feeling I'm never going to see it.

Most digital cameras will show it under some circumstances.  My
microscope cameras are very susceptible to it when photographing very
fine detail like insect wings.

My old Nikon D70 (has an AA filter) was the worst camera I've used for
moire.  Not my photo, but here's an example: Nikon D70:
http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/nikon/d70s-review/DSC_0011.JPG

But it's worse with a weak or absent antialiasing filter:
Steve Huff has some crackers here from the M9:
http://www.stevehuffphoto.com/2010/08/04/my-updated-big-bad-ass-leica-m9-review/
And Erwin here:
http://www.imx.nl/photo/leica/camera/page157/page157.html
And from the S2: