Subject: [Leica] Photographic Freedom
From: scleroplex at gmail.com (scleroplex)
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2012 14:10:40 -0500

dear george,
thank you for speaking up.

i cannot claim any great success so far in bringing evil doctors to book
but in 2012 i have a strong chance.
the tide is turning.
will let LUG know when that happens.

here in boston we have had a similar street case involving a man called
simon glik
who lives barely a kilometre away from me and moved here 3 years before i
did.

http://gliklaw.com/gliklaw/About_Me.html

simon was actually arrested and charged because he shot video.

he was fully vindicated this summer.

http://radioboston.wbur.org/2011/08/30/legality-recording-police

so far i have escaped arrest only because i shoot stills.

and now, within boston city limits at least, the threat has lessened.
thanks to simon.

there is absolutely NO legitimate good faith reason for authorities
to restrict street photography or video anywhere.

best wishes,
bharani