Subject: [Leica] R lenses on Nikon V1
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Tue, 31 Jan 2012 16:58:08 -0800

Anybody seen this?

http://www.rainbowimaging.biz/shop/product.php?id_product=530

I had a chance to play with the V1 for about 30 minutes a month or so ago,
and thought it was a pretty good camera.  Since it has an electronic
viewfinder, perhaps using R lenses stopped down on it might not be such a
bad thing since the viewfinder, if I remember correctly, changed brightness
as the lighting changed, so it was always bright.  So, stopping the lens
down would still allow you to see easily.  DOF would increase, so focusing
accurately might not be as easy, but for the money, it might be worth a try.

I think with all that room, someone might be able to build an auto diaphragm
mechanism in the adapter for full aperture focusing and metering.

Aram

Aram Langhans
Semi-Retired (retarded?) Science Teacher
& Unemployed photographer

"The Human Genome Project has proved Darwin more right than Darwin himself
would ever have dared dream."   James D. Watson

Replies: Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] R lenses on Nikon V1)