Subject: [Leica] Dave's PAW (*) 2012 #4 (to Alan & Tina)
From: ausdlk at gmail.com (David Keenan)
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 23:31:21 -0600

>Wow! That's quite striking.

>His eyes are so striking in color but then even more so in B&W.  Amazing!

Alan & Tina --

Thanks for your comments.

The face on the right, in black and white, is a print of a previous
portrait of my friend Dmitry from a series I've been working on for the
past three years named LOOK At Me. I've just started showing this work in
the past couple of months and, while it is quite early, I think it will go
places. I have portraits of 52 young men in this series so far.

And, of course, that's Dmitry again on the left -- he wanted a print and
his is the first of any of the guys that I have printed large. A 13x19"
print is basically life size, I just so found out!

So, on impulse after I'd framed the print for him, I asked him to hold it
up next to his face for some pictures. Voila.

Now I'm pretty sure I know where I'm going to next with this series...
.
Dave.

--
See my 2011 Picture A Week (PAW) Gallery
<http://www.dlkphotography.com/paw>originally begun in 2007.

Replies: Reply from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] FS Leica M Motor)