Subject: [Leica] Why we all should buy an Alpa :-)
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 04:33:50 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Mark Rabiner wrote:

>I think tripods in a sense free us up more than they do the opposite as most
>people think. Tripod use is the secret weapon for really great photography
>is my view.

Try moving a tripod 6 inches to the left in dense brush w/o spooking the
subject.  The vast majority of my photos were made using a monopod combined
with a shoulder stock for support.  A rotating tripod collar on the lens is
critical to using this support effectively IMHO.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Why we all should buy an Alpa :-))