Subject: [Leica] Help with Nocti
From: hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson)
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2012 12:12:28 +1000

John, I have a different angle on this that maybe is worth a thought as
well. I don't subscribe to the MUST use wide open school.

Because you may have the Noctilux as your 50 and value what it can do for
you but may not always need to shoot wide open?
Because its performance increases (resolution, vignetting etc) when you
stop it down and/or you may prefer to have more DoF for some subjects? But
that last I think is more about how you prefer the 'look' of the out of
focus areas and the transitions.

For my two cents I have the Summilux 50 ASPH and I value its strengths. I
checked and found just 4% of my shots with it over the last 3 years were
shot at f/1.4

YSPAMV ;-)

(Your Subjects, Preferences and Apertures May Vary)

Mit freundlichen Gruessen
Geoff
http://www.pbase.com/hoppyman

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Help with Nocti)