Subject: [Leica] Vedr: IMG: Floating granite (Visoflex for Geir)
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 10:38:47 -0600

On Jan 19, 2012, at 10:09 AM, Geir wrote:

> Hello George.
> Now i got 2 birds with one stone. The pic looks good to my older eyes. I
> was asking before how the 135 do work and i will buy one. Is yours 2,8?
> And i will find a Visoflex III.

Greetings Geir,

Elmar generally refers to f:4 lenses (occasionally 3.5)
My Elmar allows the lens head to be removed from the M focusing tube;
and then when mated with the OTSRO tube and OTZFO focusing helical
it works well on the Visoflex III

When on the M focusing tube it does not focus well at all.
It could possibly be adjusted to focus accurately - I simply never explored
that,
as I prefer to use lenses 135 mm and longer with SLR bodies.

Leica f:2.8 lenses are generally referred to as Elmarit.

> I live close to the jungle here in Philippines and would like to
> photograph the local monkeys and wildlife/nature both here and in Norway.

When I intend to spend time seriously photographing wildlife
I do not choose to do it with a Visoflex for the reasons stated in a
previous email.
I use the R8/DMR with appropriate long lenses
or the 5D with appropriate long lenses.

>> Visoflex III with 135 Elmar for Geir
>>
>> <http://www.imagist.com/blog/?p=6047>

Regards,