Subject: [Leica] (OT) I really am not bonding with my X100 :-(
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 22:41:14 +0800

> Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2012 16:06:53 +1300
> From: "John McMaster" <john at chiaroscuro.co.nz>
> Subject: [Leica] (OT) I really am not bonding with my X100 :-(
> To: "'Leica Users Group'" <lug at leica-users.org>
>
> I have not had a re-occurrence of the poor battery issue, +100 shots over
> several days on a single battery and still showing 3 bars.
>
> However I am now getting poor exposure readings, whether in AP or M mode.
> It
> reads about 2 stops out but sometimes under and sometimes over! That is
> with
> average lighting/background rather than extreme light/dark etc. Also across
> a range of apertures from f2.0 to f8 and the exposure compensation dial
> managed to stay on zero.
>
> I would send it back but it is my only travelling camera until the M9
> returns :-(
>
> john

John,
Something is wrong with your X100! Mine does a very competent job of dealing
with a variety of
difficult lighting conditions.
Look at this shot taken in multi exposure mode on the Star Ferry:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/2012Panos/EsStarW.jpg.html>

Are you locked in spot metering somehow?

Howard

Replies: Reply from john at chiaroscuro.co.nz (John McMaster) ([Leica] (OT) I really am not bonding with my X100 :-()