Subject: [Leica] M8 + Summicron 50mm F/2?
From: rbardsley at gmail.com (Ryan Scott Bardsley)
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2012 16:59:43 -0500

Well, my M8 arrived today! When I opened the manual (first time ever, I have
to admit) one of the first things I read was that you can?t use the
Summicron 50mm F/2 lens ?with close focusing.? Err, this is news to me.
Online, it seems to be fine. Is this lens okay to use? What do they mean by
close focusing?

Also, since I got my camera used, it apparently doesn?t come with any
software. Is this Capture One something that I need? Does anyone have a
spare disc? I have Photoshop, but am not sure if the Leica software did
anything special.

The main killer is? the battery needs to be charged first. Alas, my torture
is prolonged?

Thanks,

Ryan
Boston, MA (en route to NYC with a new camera to play with!)

Replies: Reply from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] M8 + Summicron 50mm F/2?)
Reply from grduprey at mchsi.com (grduprey at mchsi.com) ([Leica] M8 + Summicron 50mm F/2?)
Reply from benedenia at gmail.com (Marty Deveney) ([Leica] M8 + Summicron 50mm F/2?)