Subject: [Leica] Why you don't chimp and delete...
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sun, 15 Jan 2012 00:42:48 -0800

I rarely chimp and delete on my digital cameras, unless it's clearly a
mistake. Since I normally use 16 GB card and never machine gun shoot, I
rarely use up more than one or two GB per day.

With film, of course, chimp and delete are not an option.

This photo starts as a panoramic frame, and a brief look at the (digital)
contact sheet confirms that I missed the position and it's a nothing photo
and I wouldn't bother to scan it in high res. Then when I examined the
contact sheet more carefully, I noticed the boy in the store and severely
cropped to get this version. The man adds a nice balance.

Not a great photo, but at least it's half decent and shows the importance
of not deleting things.

http://richardmanphoto.com/PICS/20120115-63.jpg

--

Replies: Reply from chris at chriscrawfordphoto.com (Chris Crawford) ([Leica] Why you don't chimp and delete...)