Subject: [Leica] Stone Balancing
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2012 13:01:53 -0600

On Jan 13, 2012, at 12:18 PM, Chris Crawford wrote:

> I'd call it sculpture, not photographic art. The photos merely document
> what the sculptures look like. Like the photos of famous sculptures in art
> books.

I agree Chris.
The video of his working has more power than the majority of the photographs.
It seems to me that the art lies in his zen dance with the stones;
even more than the finished "sculpture."
The decisive moment in the dance - when he "lets go"

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com