Subject: [Leica] OT perhaps - monitor selection
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 17:20:36 -0800

I am thinking of updating my system to an i7 and might as well update the
monitor.  I have been using a Samsung 226BW for a few years.  I have always
had a hard time calibrating it to work with my printer or Costco, even
though I have had profiles made for my paper and use Costco profiles.  I
have been looking and reading and have narrowed my choice to a few IPS type
monitors.  I was leaning towards the Dell U2410 but then read about the Asus
PA246Q.  Both have the 16:10 format I want, and use a more advanced IPS
screen than the HP variety.

So I was wondering if any of you have a good 24" monitor you use that I
maybe should look at, or if you are familiar with the two I mentioned above.
I will probably try a dual monitor setup, retaining my Samsung as the
secondary monitor.  It might be nice to have Lightroom catalog upon one of
them.

Aram

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] OT perhaps - monitor selection)
Reply from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] OT perhaps - monitor selection)