Subject: [Leica] Leica MFT>M adapter
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2012 09:54:20 +0800

> Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 12:08:38 -0600
> From: Robert Baron <robertbaron1 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] MFT>M adapter
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>
> If there has been a discussion thread about this I missed it; time
> issues have kept my attention span short lately.
>
> If I were to get one of these to use my M lenses on my my Panasonic
> GF-1, how on earth would I quickly and accurately focus them,
> particularly the 50mm and 75mm?  Can one use zone/hyperfocal
> techniques?
>
> --Bob

Hi Bob,
Set the camera so that the shutter will function without a lens. (Last item
of custom menu on page 8)
Put on the adapter and the Leica lens and then by pushing the iso button on
the control dial you can
open direct focus area and enlarge it by pushing the center menu button to
focus on the enlarged image.*
It is very accurate but for me (trifocals) it isn't fast and I keep falling
back on the AF micro 4/3rds lens which are fast
to focus and produce high quality pictures too. As you close down a manual
focus lens
the EVF boosts gain so the view doesn't dim which is a plus over closing
down manual R
lenses on a D700 Nikon, for example.
* Qualifier - I don't have my Leica lenses with me here so the above
focusing instruction is from memory
and actual steps may vary (slightly) :-) in reality.
Howard