Subject: [Leica] LUG YEAR BOOK 2011 :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Mon, 9 Jan 2012 15:59:36 -0800

Hi Jim,
Not to be out done by those Canadian's living in mainland Vancouver
receiving their copy today. :-) I thought you'd like to know those of us who
live on VANCOUVER ISLAND off the west coast received theirs today also! :-)

> To: lug at leica-users.org
> Subject: [Leica] LUG Yearbook 2011 just arrived in Vancouver, BC :-)
>
> Hi!
> ours  just arrived -  hot-off the press from Calgary.
> Looks great! Thank you Jim  for your wonderful work!
> Bests,
> Tuulikki & Tom AbrahamssonVancouver, BC
> Canada <<<<<<

OK! Now the book! :-) SMASHING!!!!!!!!! I have turned the pages front to
back and back to front 5 times.

Jim my friend you have once again produced a book of class, simplicity of
page after page of quite amazing photographs. Yes I know you didn't shoot
any more than the rest of the crew, 2 photos each. But assembling them in
the short time frame you work in, it really is amazing.

TO THE CREW!
Well OK all those who took the time to submit your two photographs! I can't
thank you enough for your time and your photos! And a very special thank you
to those who's name we rarely see or never see, trust me you folks should
submit or write once in awhile with a photo you like and feel is a keeper.

Some very fine images from what I'll call... "Strangers!" But only because
you stay in hiding. :-)  Now you're out in the light, doesn't it feel nice
holding the copy in your hand and admiring not only your own? But all of
those from other folks?

To all those who's lives were so full they couldn't take a few minutes to be
part of the photo crew? Naw, I wont say anything, however just wait until
December 2012! :-( I know I harangue and yell at you all, but that's not so
much a personal thing. It's so you will send two photos and enjoy the
wonderful experience of holding a book. That's what's so special!!!!!!!
"IT'S A BOOK IN YOUR HANDS!" Not just a bunch of images on a screen that we
look at day after day 365 a year!

It's the images on paper before your eyes and you hold them in your hands
admiring what your mates have produced certainly in the quality of this 2011
copy!

Once again to Jim Shulman I hold my glass on high in salute to a friend and
fine all round very nice guy who has freely given of his time in helping
others.

1/  The profit proceeds going to Project H.O.M.E.  (www.projecthome.org )

2/  For those of the crew who've never had pictures published anywhere, let
alone with a creditline! To some, you'll open the book and find your pages,
you gulp at seeing them and it feels nice.......... even though I've had my
books published by the commercial market and in many magazines it's like
this. :-) True!  The LUG book arrives and this is me after all these
years....  I go cover to cover rather quickly, usually looking for my own
images. Seems fair enough routine. :-) HOWEVER!

After I've reviewed the complete book a couple of times. I return to my own
two pages. "I sit looking at one page, at the other, examine the images
carefully, back and forth a few times and if I feel "cool?" I smile, put my
hand on the page and feel the pictures! I kind of get goose bumps of... " I
am published!" :-) It does feel nice! :-)

Trust me, I swear as long as I'm vertical and breathing, part of the "LUG
FAMILY" and Jim Shulman is putting together a LUG YEAR BOOK? I will have my
two images ready to go by the 1st of December each year!

Thanks again everyone. Please understand my "BARK AND BITCHING" is far worse
than any bite I may have. :-)

Until next year.... OOPS!  I mean December this year 2012! ;-) See you in
the "LUG BOOK 2012!"

cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

Message from jshulman at judgecrater.com (Jim Shulman) ([Leica] LUG Yearbook 2011 just arrived in Vancouver, BC :-))