Subject: [Leica] Happy New Year from Hong Kong - medical update
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 16:44:15 +0800

> Date: Sun, 1 Jan 2012 10:49:23 -0600
> From: Robert Baron <robertbaron1 at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Happy New Year from Hong Kong
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>
> And good morning / evening to you.
>
> This shot is very nice indeed, but one of my New Year's resolutions is
> 'No New Gear'.  Let's see how long I can stick to it.
>
> How are you feeling now, almost two months post-procedures?
>
> --Bob

Hi Bob,
I feel quite well thank you. My second angioplasty on Dec 6 was not
successful, they couldn't get the guide wire through the double S bend in
the right artery near the heart.
That's the bad news. The good news is that while they were in they checked
the 7 stents in the two left arteries and everything is open and flowing
smoothly. One of the left arteries, in fact, is cutting collateral
connections to the still narrowed right artery so it is getting adequate
blood supply. I start physiotherapy at the heart center on Jan 5 to try to
encourage the system to continue to repair itself. If that works I won't
need open heart surgery and will keep chugging along - camera always in
hand. The other good news is that Blue Cross has agreed to pay the US$85,000
bill for the two angioplasties. It is a good start to 2012!
Cheers
Howard