Subject: [Leica] HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012 :-)
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 22:30:52 -0800

Nathan Wajsman OFFERED:
Subject: Re: [Leica] New Year

> Let me join in with Jayanand, having just awakened on December 31st. There
> are three things I do every day when I wake up, more or less in this
> order: pee, make coffee and check my e-mail. The people on this list, both
> those I have met in person and those I have yet to meet in person, have
> become a significant part of my life since I joined this community back in
> 1998. No, I am not some sad anorak, I have real-world friends and
> relationships too--but you guys (and the too few girls) on the LUG
> contribute to making my life what it is, and I thank you for that.
>
> So, Happy 2012 to everyone!<<<<<<

Hi Crew,
Well like Nathan my start of the day is somewhat similar accept my coffee is
ready when I leap out of bed! Well OK a bit of an exaggeration on the
leaping part, but coffee is fresh and hot. I don't remember what year I
became  attached to the LUG, but it was  quite sometime ago.

I have made some very fine friends on screen, some became close family
friends face to face. I do remember there was some confusing attempts at
connecting up, but then I was and generally speaking am still a computer
illiterate. However, eventually all worked out and I have learned so many
things about careers and life experiences of folks I'd never had the good
fortune to do so. A big thank you for sharing your knowledge of life.

I'm going to copy this from Nathan.

ABSOLUTELY! A thousand times over. As I refer so often. It's the "LUG
FAMILY!" We have  shared the joy of others upon the arrival of a new born
child and many other wonderful family events. By the same token many have
shared tears of sadness due to the loss of a family member. Or one of our
pets. :-(

Please understand when I do one of my "shouting pontifications" about
getting your photos in for our year book!  I know there's a few out there
who'd love to tear out my throat. :-) My response of course? ... "GET OVER
IT AND SEND IN YOUR PICTURES EARLY NEXT YEAR!" :-) I believe in this crew
and the wonderful photography submitted daily. The book to me is a symbol of
whom we are as a collection of interesting photographers in all walks of
life! In a book we demonstrate our enthusiasm for photography and the LUG.
We aren't a collection of complete strangers typing words on the screen. But
we are a very unique group of photographers bound together in a family like
fashion. And from what I've read and heard about other "internet groups" we
are the best of the best. :-)

So to all of the LUG family wherever you maybe on Planet Earth, I wish you
all an incredible New Year 2012! :-)

Cheers,
Ted

Replies: Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012 :-))