Subject: [Leica] Data/image Backups.
From: fkh1950 at frontiernet.net (Fred Holzapfel)
Date: Wed, 28 Dec 2011 23:43:05 -0600

Ken was mentioning the need for easy data backups.   In my 32 years of data
processing the one guarantee is that you cannot have enough backups.
Personally I use a product called "Carbonite".   It is easy to use, runs in
the back ground and keeps my PC and data reasonably current.   In addition I
use the standard widows backup to a data stick.  I do the data stick monthly
to have a personal backup in the event I cannot get on-line or there are
issues with the internet.   Today a multiple gigabyte data stick is only a
few dollars making it very inexpensive backup.  Most are easy to set up and
use.  By using both methods I am quite certain my images, e-mails, etc. are
all reasonably safe.  You can look at the "Carbonite" product at:
http://www.carbonite.com/en/home/online-backup   I have no relationship with
Carbonite except being a satisfied customer.    I hope that is of some help
to those looking for a good backup solution.  There must be others
available.     Happy New Year to the LUG!

Fred Holzapfel

Replies: Reply from Bill at BillChatfield.com (Bill Chatfield) ([Leica] Data/image Backups.)
Reply from lew1716 at gmail.com (Lew Schwartz) ([Leica] Data/image Backups.)
Reply from spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng) ([Leica] Data/image Backups.)