Subject: [Leica] photoshop-vs-lightroom
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (wildlightphoto at earthlink.net)
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 13:50:58 -0500

Tina Manley wrote:

And what's this jpeg business??!!!  I thought we had convinced you that Raw
is the only way to go.  With jpegs you are working from a drugstore 3x5
print and throwing away your negatives!!  If you don't want to use LR, you
can convert the Raw files in Photoshop.
<<<

Ted-

I can only echo Tina's thoughts and backup, backup, backup!!!  Doesn't
matter if you're shooting in jpg or raw format, stuff happens and files can
disappear.  My raw files are backed up on external hard drives in four
locations, and I can do a LOT more with raw files than with jpgs.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web