Subject: [Leica] Xmas trains in Hong Kong
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2011 14:51:54 +0800

Hello Luggers,
After being absent for many years Christmas train displays have made a
come-back in Hong Kong this year.
There is a big G scale (LGB) display in the Landmark shopping center which
draws a large crowd all day long:

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HKFall2011/XmasTrainsw.jpg.html>

And in the walkway from the Landmark to the Prince Building there is a
smaller but more intricate HO scale
setup using Marklin equipment. It was harder to photograph because the macro
setting on the GH2
defaults the aperture to wide open (f1.7) so depth of field is limited

<http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/HKFall2011/MarklinHOw.jpg.html>

As some of you may recall I have been a model railroader at various stages
and these layouts
take me back to my youngest days when we always had an O gauge Lionel circle
of track
under the tree. I have just about sold off all my train collection in the
last few years - earning enough
to buy a couple of M9's (still not purchased!!) but the memories remain and
they are good.

C&C always welcome. Please look large.
Happy Holidays
Howard