Subject: [Leica] Friday Flowers - Merry Christmas
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 13:32:02 -0800

Playing around with the poinsettia and came up with these.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/W2011/fl/pointsettia-8893.jpg.html

This is a composite of 6 images
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/W2011/fl/pointsettia-8912-Edit.jpg.html

And finally, an experiment.  My father-in-law bought a cheap, Vivitar 2x
teleconverter, so I slapped my 100/APO on to it and gave it a try.  I?m
impressed.  I was not set to be impressed.  My last experience with a 2x was
many years ago with my Rollei SL-35 and got the best converter they made at
the time.  Underwhelmed.  So, I really expected crap, but got this instead.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Aram/W2011/fl/pointsettia+2x-8901.jpg.html
by all means, view full size to be amazed.  For $99, I cannot believe it.
Maybe it helps having it backing up such a high quality lens.  I am going to
try it out on some of my Nikon zooms to see what happens.

OOPS. and I just noticed I misspelled poinsettia on the file name.  Oh well.
 I?m retired.

In the mean time, a Merry Christmas to all and may Santa bring you some
great Leica equipment.

Comments and criticism welcome.

Aram

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Friday Flowers - Merry Christmas)