Subject: [Leica] Look, I bought the M8
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Tue, 20 Dec 2011 21:07:41 -0800

Or you could just throw all this techie stuff aside in the blink of an eye,

Turn the M8 on and get yer ass out the door and take pictures!!!!!!

I've never read the manual, a too valuable wasted time! Are you a
photographer or a techie??????????

...... these reading things are always a mind destroying thing when you are
a photographer first !!!!   .... TECHIE SECOND!  JUST GET OUT AND TAKE
PICTURES AND THEY ALL LOOK COOL!

I don't have any filters, I  just shoot pictures with an M8 15mmm to 90mm!
And each and every one have been heart warming!

Well OK a couple kinda got screwed-up!   MY FAULT NOT CAMERA!

FILTERS - SMILTCHERS!  If you aren't shooting bridal parties and virgins in
white dresses you don't need the filters!

My M8's are set at whatever it is all automatic between ASA and whatever
aperture the camera selects & shutter speeds and I shoot! KISS!  That's what
it's all about, just similar to blowing your film brains out with an M7!

The phylisophy of KISS is paramount!

Look all the fiddling and diddling is only going to get you more confused
asking questions and you screw things up and get three thousand nine hundred
and forty nine words of what to do! ONLY ONE THING COUNTS? KISS!

Dr. ted :-)

Message from photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Phil Forrest) ([Leica] Look, I bought the M8)