Subject: [Leica] Looking at buying an M8
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 22:27:34 -0600 (CST)

On Dec 18, 2011, at 6:14 PM, Doug Herr <wildlightphoto at earthlink.net>
wrote:

> IMHO the trick is to buy used and to use it as long as it's producing
> results you like.
Exactly.  I don't buy anything that I plan on selling at some point.
Whether it's a camera, a car, or my house, I use it until it wears out.
My favorite film cameras are, in order of age, 26 (XA), 50 (M2), 52 (M3), 54
(Rolleiflex), and 61 (IIIf) years old, and all going strong.

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
amr3 at uwm.edu