Subject: [Leica] Another Reason to Submit Images to the LUG Yearbook--It Helps Transform Lives
From: jshulman at judgecrater.com (Jim Shulman)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 22:11:34 -0500

Vanity pays.

When I started the yearbook project, there was a raging debate on the LUG
about the ethics of photographing homeless people.  So, rather than just
treat this as a hypothetical issue, I decided to use blurb.com?s surcharge
option and add and addition $5 to each book?s purchase price?with the
proceeds going to Project H.O.M.E. in Philadelphia.  Project H.O.M.E.
provides housing, medical treatment, and vocational training to homeless
individuals in the city, and has been doing this very successfully for a
few decades.

Usually, when someone submits an image, they?re inclined to purchase a copy
of the book (though there?s never an obligation to do so!)  As a result of
our collective vanity, we?ve raised more than $3000 for Project H.O.M.E.
since the project?s inception.

So send in images!  Not only will it make the book a richer experience for
everyone who sees it, but it will also help increase the number of
prospective buyers (and, thus, supporters of Sr. Scullion and her superb
works.)

Info here:

http://leica-users.org/LUG-yearbook.html

Best,