Subject: [Leica] Casual tripod?
From: amr3 at uwm.edu (Alan Magayne-Roshak)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 10:14:50 -0600 (CST)

On Wed, 14 Dec 2011  "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols at lighttube.net> wrote:

>Bob,

>I use a plain monopod, but have considered adding a head for two reasons:
>  *for additional height;  I find a traditional monopod about 4 inches too
>short at times.
> *for the occasion when a severe downward or upward tilt is needed.

>Jim Nichols
>Tullahoma, TN USA
==============================================================================================================================================================
Last spring I found a used Welt/Safe-Lok monopod at a photo rummage, and I
love it.  It has the same tilt head and high-placed lever control as my
favorite Welt tripod, so it's super fast in height adjustment.
I don't see any current tripods that suit me as much as these Safe-Loks (of
course the company is out of business).  My next favorite would be the
Tilt-All (because of its three-way head), but I think that might not be made
anymore, either.  It also seems like you can hardly find a tripod without a
quick-release plate (which I hate).

Alan

UPAA POY 1978
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee