Subject: [Leica] Would you buy a Leicaflex SL2 these days?
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 16:57:18 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Vick Ko wrote:

>Would you buy a Leicaflex SL2 these days?

Me personally, no.  I have two SL bodies that I rationalize by keeping
TMax-100 in one of them, but actual use has been near zero.  The real reason
I have them is nostalgia.  I used the SL for many years before I used an SL2
so the SL feels more comfortable to me.  I can also use many ROM lenses on
the SL with very small modifications, which cannot be done with the SL2.  If
I wanted to use any one of the lenses that required the SL2's mirror box
specs I'd reconsider the "no".

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com