Subject: [Leica] FF a Bokeh of flowers plus Purples ...
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2011 00:16:23 -0500

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/fridayflowers/111027_234228.jpg.h
tml or
http://tinyurl.com/caeclrw
Bokeh of flowers
If you look at the bottom left corner of the picture you can see that that's
what is sharp. The entire rest of the picture with the bulk of the flowers
in it is one continual fall off of focus.
The bokeh of this Tessar 45mm 2.8 Nikkor P lens revitalized by the Cosina a
decade ago for Nikon has a very good rep. with its ultra simple design and I
think we can see it here. Cropped making it a 67.5mm special.
Wide open at f 2.8. 125th of a second at 18 minutes before midnight.
The iso fell to 720. There had to be a lot of light on this puppy. If I was
more on the ball I would have stopped down to 5.6. Unless it turns out the
softness of this shot really works for it.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/fridayflowers/111027_234300.jpg.h
tml or
http://tinyurl.com/brb8nyf
Purples lavenders and lilacs
Much less light.

Both shots done with my D40x which I'd shelved for a whole year as I got to
know my first full frame DSLR.
It was this time last year I went full frame.
Its just that the thing (D700) weighs a ton even without a lens on it.
And the D40x is ultra compact and some of the DX cropped glass is valuable.
I do much prefer to work with the 45mm 2.8 full frame.
You can see it better to focus. Its a manual focus lens. A Pancake.

--
Mark R.

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] FF a Bokeh of flowers plus Purples ...)