Subject: [Leica] IMG: An Unusual Airplane
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 15:08:05 -0600

While evaluating my first Leica lens, an Elmar 50/3.5 from 1946, I came
across this Air Tractor company-owned Sky Truck airplane which appeared to
be fitted out with flight test gear in the rear cockpit.  Developed from a
large agricultural aircraft, the AT-802U has been used for firefighting and
for close air support in developing countries.  It is a BIG airplane.

I thought of this one when Chris Barker commented about airplanes with long
noses.  This is about as long as they get!

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Air+Tractor+Sky+Truck+4a+NI.jpg.html

Leica IIIf RD with coated 50/3.5 Elmar from 1946

Comments and critiques welcomed.

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA

Replies: Reply from j2m46 at hotmail.fr (Jean-Michel Mertz) ([Leica] IMG: An Unusual Airplane)