Subject: [Leica] IMG: Hail Storm Follow-up
From: jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols)
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 12:22:59 -0600

We had a vicious hailstorm on October 18 that left quite a bit of damage to
roofs and autos.  It is amazing to see the number of "storm chasers" that
have set up shop in town to take advantage of the repair bonanza.  Even as
my insurance adjuster and I were discussing his official estimate of the
damage to my home, I had to answer the door to turn away a fellow who had
seen the chalk marks on my roof, and was offering to give me a repair
estimate.  I will hold out for a reputable, local contractor, even if it
means waiting a while for repairs, since nothing is leaking, and I have two
years to make the repairs.

In addition to the drive-by opportunists, we have fielded phone calls daily
from all sorts of companies and accents, offering to help us with our
repairs.

The State Farm adjuster was on-time for our appointment, had official ID,
and was a pleasure to deal with.  With a computer and printer in his truck,
he processed all of the necessary paperwork and left me with an initial
check in-hand.

The roof inspection:
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Roof+Inspection.jpg.html

Marking the hail damage: