Subject: [Leica] LUG Digest, Vol 49, Issue 56
From: kingfisher at halcyon.com (Larry Bullis)
Date: Thu, 10 Nov 2011 18:43:30 -0800

Agreed.

I discussed this with some Chinese colleagues from Beijing a few years
back. Sounded to me like "Lee Buy" but really, sounds aren't
transportable from one language to another. Mandarin is so far out of
our world that I'm not sure what I'm hearing. And I'm sure I don't know
what I'm saying!

My English teacher in eleventh grade (that would have been in 1959 -
60!) turned me on to him. At the time, I wanted to be a poet. That
didn't happen for me, so I had to marry one.

Replies: Reply from richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] LUG Digest, Vol 49, Issue 56)