Subject: [Leica] Kodak sold their digital division - what might it mean for Leica
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2011 11:05:19 +0800

> Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 17:45:27 -0800
> From: Richard Man <richard at richardmanphoto.com>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Kodak sold their digital division
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>
> OTOH, Kodak also just announces new sensors!! One without the Bayer filter!
> http://image-sensors-world.blogspot.com/2011/11/kodak-announces-new-ccds-seeks-patents.html

In the article it states:
The KODAK KAI-16070 Image Sensor is the first product to leverage this new
7.4um pixel platform. With 16MP in a 35mm optical format, the KAI-16070
supports full resolution readout at up to 8fps. In addition, this product is
both pin and package compatible with devices in the 5.5um pixel platform,
allowing the KAI-16070 to directly leverage cameras that support the 35mm
format KAI-29050 Image Sensor. The KAI-16070 is available in monochrome,
Bayer Color, and TRUESENSE Color Filter Pattern configurations.

My question is, beyond the M9, what cameras use 35mm format Kodak sensors?
It seems obvious this new sensor would be a natural replacement for those
cameras presently using the kodak sensor - as outlined in the above quote.
Maybe we will finally get the monochrome digital M that Tom Abrahamsson
asked Leica about during the LHSA meeting at Solms in 2006. Remember that
Rabs?

Curiously interested.
Howard

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] Kodak sold their digital division - what might it mean forLeica)