Subject: [Leica] Another Yosemite photo
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 10:07:26 -0800

Ken.  I like the repeating blue reflections from the waves.  And you can see
the bottom.  did you use a polarizer or is the water that clear this time of
year?  We did not stop for a look this time.

Actually, Mono Lake is teaming with life.  It is not a desert by any means.
Alkali flies and brine shrimp abound.  And recently some NASA scientists
found that there is possibly a novel form of life that can use arsenic as a
replacement for phosphorous in many biochemical pathways, including perhaps
DNA and RNA.  Kind of "earth shattering" in the field if it pans out as the
early evidence seems to suggest.  It is a very interesting lake.  did you
wander over to the south end to see the tufa formations?  The lake is slowly
refilling after being tapped heavily for water in the 70's and 80's.  The
formations are being partially covered.

Aram

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] Another Yosemite photo)
Reply from robertmeier at usjet.net (Robert Meier) ([Leica] Another Yosemite photo)