Subject: [Leica] Wotancraft shoulder holster for M cameras
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 20:03:17 +0900

My Wotancraft shoulder holster arrived on Friday.  I chose the Hektor
design.  It seems well made with dark brown leather and dark purple on
the inside.
Wearing the holster, is comfortable.  I sometimes had to look down to
my chest to check the camera was in still there.  There is a little
strap with a press
stud to secure the camera when holstered.

It's easy to put the camera away, and taking it out is easy too,
especially if using a finger holder (the kind with two loops, for the
two middle fingers).
The only thing I have to watch out for is making sure I turn the
camera off when putting the camera back in the holster.  A couple of
times, I did not
turn the camera off before putting it in the holster and it changed
the camera menu settings.  This can happen because the holster is a
snug fit.

The M8/9 fit very well, but so do the film Ms.  The holster has an
adjustable belt at the bottom to make it snug fit for film Ms.

This way of carrying the camera when not in use is suitable for me,
because I don't have to carry a camera bag, the camera is easily and
quickly in the hand when wanted,
and it is a lot more comfortable than a neck strap.

All the best,

Peter

Replies: Reply from csaganich at gmail.com (Chris Saganich) ([Leica] Wotancraft shoulder holster for M cameras)