Subject: [Leica] Palo Alto Urban Art & M9 Hazards
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 18:25:40 -0700

Well, here I was walking down Hamilton Avenue from my parked car when
a voice behind me said: "I'll have that M9." When I work up the
courage to turn around, it was Bob Adler in a totally disguising hat,
his wife, and some friends. Later, after I took the shot I wanted and
was walking back to my car, another passer-by walking toward me
announced: "Nice camera".

I can see why the M9P might be attractive, except that I think anyone
who would react to an M9 would recognize an M9P.

Regarding the picture: A month or more ago, I took the same picture
and some boring close-ups of the bottles, but the late afternoon sun
created much too much contrast between the tall building (City Hall)
and the art work. Then Richard Man posted some pictures of this art
work, but not the picture I envisioned. So, the other day, I returned
when the sun was in a more favorable position and got this shot.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/herbk1/Urban+Art.jpg.html
--
Herbert Kanner
kanner at acm.org