Subject: [Leica] Occupy Everything
From: richard at richardmanphoto.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 14:04:16 -0700

I posted this on my FB, Google +, LJ, but bears repeating:

I'm not saying that everyone should agree with the tactic or methods used by
the Protesters, but after debating in a friend's thread, it's clear that
most people just don't get it: a) you are not the 1% (*). Really. If you
earn less than $350K a year, you are not that 1%, b) the 1% pays "a lot of"
taxes but in percentage they pay in is less, c) CEO average pay is now
350x-450x of the workers; everywhere else is 100x or much less, d)
corporations are hoarding a lot of cash and the bankers are not lending.

Note that I am not addressing how to fix things. I am just pointing out why
people are angry. Further:
http://www.businessinsider.com/what-wall-street-protesters-a
re-so-angry-about-2011-10

http://davidbrin.blogspot.com/2011/09/class-war-and-lessons-of-history.html

(*) We may possibly personally be friends of a "1%er," but that was one of
those startup-made-it-huge stories.