Subject: [Leica] Empire State building 46 years later redo.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 02:08:13 -0400

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/MWRGallery/Empire+State+Buildingx
.jpg.html
Or
http://tinyurl.com/42gdtz5

A week before we left NY when I was 9 in 1960 I  was working on my first
roll of film having just got my first camera and my folks let me out of the
car as we drove down 5th ave so I could get as they promised a shot of the
Empire State Building.  Which I'd have to have living in Chicago, the
buildings were all so short then. They had to tell me when we were
"downtown".
I was a displaced New Yorker for forty six years till I got back in 2006 and
was staying in motels looking for apartments but walked down 5th ave with my
inkjet in hand and camera in the other with 24mm lens and got this.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/onthisday/061016_163755xx.jpg.htm
Or
http://tinyurl.com/3aw2cj9

I can see now I was a full 2 feet or 3 off and will have to go back and redo
it. But I go darned close.

I think my  camera I used then a D200 takes sharper more clear images than
my first camera;  A  Brownie Starlet.  A few things have changed in my
workflo. I no longer have to practically ask permission every time I click
the shutter and hand the film to my Mom to bring it to the drugstore.

Manufactured : 1957-62 Lens : Dakon Shutter : Rotary  Original List Price :
$6 Film Size : 127 Negative Size : 4x4 cm

http://www.geh.org/fm/brownie/htmlsrc/mE13000055_ful.html#topofimage
http://www.vieilalbum.com/BrownieStarletFR.htm

--
Mark R.