Subject: [Leica] RIP the movie camera
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 11:54:31 -0500

On Oct 14, 2011, at 11:28 AM, Sonny Carter wrote:

> <http://www.salon.com/2011/10/13/r_i_p_the_movie_camera_1888_2011/singleton/>
> *sigh*

Sigh indeed.

I'll never see my award winning 10 minute, 16 mm film "An Introduction to
the Beginning" again.
First place in the first Milwaukee Film Festival.
Honorable Mention "for its poetry" at the Ann Arbor Film Festival
(1965 or 6 - I believe - maybe 67 - Warhol's Velvet Underground Nikki were
there - at Ann Arbor)

As I can't find a projector which can read the magnetic sound stripe;
or a lab that can digitize both film and audio.
(and suspect I couldn't afford it if I did find one)

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com