Subject: [Leica] Radical - night time flash use?
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank)
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 09:49:06 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

In an uncontained space ... the great ooutdoors... ther is no light bounce
from walls and ceiling.  You need a substantially larger amount of light to
get enough light on the subject.  Having said that, you can get a potato
masher flash to put out a great amount of light.  Usually the top shoe
mounted flashes are pretty anemic.
If it were me, I would set the camera to full auto flash mode and blast
away.  Without the time to study the prolem with the gear available, its'
your best chance.  You will experience severe front to back light drop
off..( to be honest, the square law..... doule the distance to the flabsh =
2 stops of light loss).   Look at 40's newspaper paparazzi shots....

Did you think of ..... flash bulbs?  Those big suckers?  Probably a good way
to get arrested......

OTOH, ask Rabs... Times Square is a pretty bright place at night.. what
color bright is yet another issue....
Hey, its only film......

BTW, film could be B+W?  Push processed to 3200 or use Delta 3200 ( is it
still made?)

Frank

>I know my Oly flash can cover the wide format, but what's the easiest way to
>do "street photo" with something like this? Put the camera on auto and flash
>on auto and blast away?
>
>I would test it out but I only have 2 more days...

Frank Filippone