Subject: [Leica] Steve Simon's New Book; Workshop in Philly
From: robertbaron1 at gmail.com (Robert Baron)
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2011 09:28:57 -0500

5 or 6 or so years ago I took a workshop at the Quartz Mountain Arts
Institute in southwestern Oklahoma taught by Steve Simon and we've
stayed in intermittent touch since.  Steve is not only an excellent
documentary photographer (witness his published work and a recent
exhibit at the Leica Gallery in NYC, where he now lives) but is also a
friendly and enthusiastic teacher who gives a lot back to photography
(like another native Canadian and even more famous documentary
photographer who offers comments and criticism on this very list).

We managed to get together for breakfast when I was in NYC this past
July and while catching up he told me he had another book about to be
published. I bought a copy when it was listed on Amazon and I've been
meaning to post a note here about it.

The book is called The Passionate Photographer - Ten Steps Toward
Becoming Great and it is IMNSHO really helpful, refreshing and
re-energizing whether you are just starting out or have been at it for
a while.

Now I see he is on the lecture circuit for Nikon and will be doing a
one day workshop in Philadelphia on October 14.

http://www.nikoniansacademy.com/all/viewWorkshop.html?course_id=858

I strongly recommend it if you can make it.  If not, you should at
least buy the book.

My .02.

--Bob